How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19132
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been collecting under my social security at 62. When

Customer Question

I have been collecting under my social security at 62. When I reach 70 can I get his social security. We were divorced 1987 and I remarried in 2009.
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, no you cannot even if you remarried after the age of 60 if your ex-spouse is not deceased unless your later marriage ends in death, divorce. or annulment. For more information, click on the link below: