How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I will be 66 in April and am not taking social security. How

Customer Question

I will be 66 in April and am not taking social security. How can file and suspend help me and my 46 year old wife of 6 months?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

File and suspend cannot help you at all -- your age difference is too great. She cannot get benefits off your record.

The caveat is if you have a kid under 16 and she's caring for them then she could get a benefit off your record if you filed and suspended. However chances are this is of no advantage to you

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.