Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I FILED IN MARCH OF 2015. THEY TOLD ME THEY NEVER GOT IT,

Customer Question
I FILED FOR PART B...

I FILED FOR PART B IN MARCH OF 2015. THEY TOLD ME THEY NEVER GOT IT, TO FILE ANOTHER APP. I DID IT 3X.THE LAST ONE I FILED 7/25/15 AND THEY SAID IT WOULD NOT TAKE EFFECT UNTIL 2016 WITH A PENALTY OF 22O.OO A MONTH THATS FINE I CONTINUED TO CALL THEM AND THEY WOULD SAY NEVER GOT TO GO TO THE SSA IN N.J ON DOUGHTY RD EGG HARBOR. WE WENT THER EXPLAINED THE WHOLE SITUATION AND SAID THEY WOULD CHECK IT OUT. LATER THAT DAY THE MAIL CAME AND IT SAID HE WAS PUT ON AS OF JULY 1,2015 IT WAS DATED OCTOBER 27,2015 THEY TOOK AND SENT A CARD ON THE 20TH OF OCT. WHICH STATED ONLY HAS PART A NO OTHER BENEFITS THEY TOOK 1100.00 OUT OF OUR MONTHLY CHECK TO PAY FOR PREMIUMS FROM JULY 15 THROUGH NOV. 15 HE WASNT COVERED WHEN ALL THE DRS SENT IN BILLS FOR EYE SURGERY IN OCT. 22,2015 SO HOW CAN THEY CHARGE FOR PREMIUMS. I HAD TO PUT OUT CASH I HAD TO BORROW TO PAY FOR THIS PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE TYFVM KATHLEEN xxxx HIS SS ####-##-#### ***** xxxx

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
11/4/2015
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 2 years ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

...

This is one of those rare situations where you may need to fill out your own Medicare claim fund.

....

Here are the steps

When do I need to file a claim?

You should only need to file a claim in very rare cases.

Medicare claims must be filed no later than 12 months (or 1 full calendar year) after the date when the services were provided. If a claim isn't filed within this time limit, Medicare can't pay its share. For example, if you see your doctor on March 22, 2012, the Medicare claim for that visit must be filed no later than March 22, 2013. Check the "Medicare Summary Notice" (MSN) you get in the mail every 3 months, or login to MyMedicare.gov to make sure claims are being filed timely. If the claims aren't being filed timely:

1. Contact your doctor or supplier, and ask them to file a claim.
  2. If they don't file a claim, call 1-800-MEDICARE. Ask for the exact time limit for filing a Medicare claim for the service or supply you got. If it's close to the end of the time limit and your doctor or supplier still hasn't filed the claim, you should file the claim.

How do I file a claim?

Fill out the Patient Request for Medical Payment form (CMS-1490S).You'll find the address for form submission in the instructions. Follow the instructions on the second page to submit the form to your carrier. Get this form in Spanish.

If you don't know the address for your carrier, you can:

If you want someone to be able to call 1-800-MEDICARE on your behalf or you want Medicare to give your personal information to someone other than you, you need to fill out an "Authorization to Disclose Personal Health Information."

Find someone to talk to

Find someone to talk to in your state Select your state... Alabama Alaska American Samoa Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Federated States of Micronesia Florida Georgia Guam Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Marshall Islands Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Northern Mariana Islands Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Palau Pennsylvania Puerto Rico Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas U.S. Minor Outlying Islands Utah Vermont Virgin Islands of the U.S. Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming

Is your test, item, or service covered?

Search Medicare.gov for covered items

Footer

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS