How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29795
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I 't notify the SSA of an overpayment due, can they

Customer Question

If I don't notify the SSA of an overpayment due, can they suspend all SS in the future. I'm waiting for them to send me a bill and they never have
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.

When your information will be submitted to the SSA - they will recalculate your social security benefits ad will ask to pay back overpaid amount.

That most likely will be in March of the following year when payers will provide all information.

Let me know more details about your situation and I will verify specific actions you might need to do or may expect from the SSA.