How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Arthur Rubin Your Own Question
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 1561
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in tax preparation, including some multi-national Social Security applications.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Arthur Rubin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband passed away in 1995 and I started collecting s

Customer Question

My husband passed away in 1995 and I started collecting his ss. I am now 83 and wonder if I would receive more ss per month if I switched to my own.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Arthur Rubin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

We cannot answer your question, but you can request the answer directly from Social Security. If you request a Social Security statement, it will tell you what your benefit would be, and you can compare it to what you are receiving.

There are two ways to request a benefit statement. The recommended way is to create a "My Social Security" account at . Once created, you can log in and request a statement.

If you want to receive a statement by mail, you can fill out a form SSA-7004 ( ) and mail it to the specified address.

Expert:  Arthur Rubin replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I forgot to click the button which said I had finished my answer. is the link