How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3173
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 61 year old daughter gets so as disabled and I think some

Customer Question

My 61 year old daughter gets so as disabled and I think some ork she has done. Can she be entitled to her deceased fathers social security which is more money than she presently receives?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

In order to qualify for dependents social security benefits she must be unmarried and if 18 or older and disabled from a disability started before age 22.

More info here under "Adults Disabled before age 22":

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was born with the disability. Can we change from SSI to her deceased father's SS? How do I find out how much that would be? Would this disqualify her from some other benefits she receives under SSI?
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

If she was born with the disability, than yes she would qualify. How much it will depends on her father's social security credits and other circumstances. You will have to visit your local social security office or call 1-***-***-**** to find out. The application could take some time and there will be some documents required. I would advise to make an appointment at your local SSA office to sit down with a case worker who can explain the process in details, help you with the application and documents you will need.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.