How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 66 and still working. I would like to wait until I can

Customer Question

I am 66 and still working.
I would like to wait until I can collect full benefits / 70?
But I heard that I can begin collecting half of my husbands ss benefits with no penalty to him. He is 66 and will also wait until 70 if possibly
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 1 year ago.

That is correct as you can apply for your spousal benefit now which is one half of what your husband would receive. And then, at age 70 collect you full benefit which would be more than if you started collecting at age 66.