How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on disability I am 55 mu husband is going to file cause

Customer Question

I am on disability I am 55 mu husband is going to file for divorce cause he has pension, socialsecurity he is 62 and he has an annuity?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said because of my 7 year younger age he looses 49 percent
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just got shocked I guess it is late! I am a mess! Forgot what I asked. He is 62 going to retire with a pension, annuity, and social security Union plumber. I am 55 on disability, he said because I am so young he looses 49 percent! Do divorce would be better and he could buy me a health plan? For 18 years he has done nothing but work. I did it all still don't know where silver ware are!
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

I don't see where your age will impact his pension and benefits. Him drawing his social security early makes it less than it would be if he waited until age 66, but your age does not factor into the equation. If he is threatening you for divorce and you are financially dependent on him, I would suggest making an appointment with and talking to a family attorney in your jurisdiction ASAP to make sure you get the proper protections set up. Do not agree to a divorce even if he says you can still live together without exploring your rights with an attorney.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.