How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19117
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In July of this year, I became a caregiver sister who had a

Customer Question

In July of this year, I became a caregiver for my sister who had a stroke in June, as well as for my brother-in-law who uses a walker & has early onset Alzheimer's disease. I moved to Nevada from Washington state to take care of them: I handle all the medical & financial details, as well as cook the meals, do the laundry, shop for groceries & take them to their doctor appointments. Needless to say, this is a 24/7 job. I, too, receive only Social Security benefits monthly. Am I entitled to caregiver benefits/remuneration?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You may be. You need to inquire with the State's Medicaid Office.

The compensation happens through a program run by the State's Medicaid Program called Cash and Counselling and Participant-Directed Services. For more information on the program and how you can apply, click on the links below: