How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37446
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm years old. My income appears to be changing worse. If I

Customer Question

I'm 69 years old. My income appears to be changing for the worse. If I take my social security now and my income doesn't go down can I stop taking it and what are the ramifications of doing so.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

At 69, you are only months away from the point at which it will no benefit you to wait any further to take your benefit. At age 70 your retirement benefit reaches as high as it will ever be.

However you can apply for your benefit now and if a couple months later you decide that you don't need the benefit and you suspend it, your benefits will again continue to increase by 2/3% per month until you reach age 70.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,


Related Social Security Questions