LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

LOAN AND TEHY WANT ME TO GET A AWARD LETTER MY BENEFIT

Customer Question

I AM GETTING LOAN AND TEHY WANT ME TO GET A AWARD LETTER FOR SHOWING MY BENEFIT FOR 2015
THANKS JOHN WISSINK SOCIAL SEC ####-##-####
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon, John,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

A lender requiring an Award letter from social security is a very common requirement as proof of income for the proposed loan. While I don't have the ability to provide the document to you as it is deemed confidential financial information and is only available to you personally, there is a way that you can get that very document today, right from your home computer. Let me explain.

If you have misplaced your Benefit Award letter---also known as a proof of income letter---or you haven’t received yours yet, you may get one in several different ways:

You may get a replacement document using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site:

http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents".

Alternatively, you may get one by going to your local Social Security office and they will get it for you, or you may call social security at 1-***-***-****and they can mail you one if you can wait about 10 days.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug