How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 57 and was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease at age

Customer Question

I am 57 and was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease at age 41 and married at age 54 on May 2, 2013. My husband lives with his mother age 87 and she live one block away. He really has abandoned me because I would not agree to specific legal situations about my home. He occasionally pays utilities but his annual income is $32K 2 pensions and SSDI converted into social security now. Is there any help I may receive from him so I may finish my nursing degree that I dropped after marriage and lost all credits and money. I do not know what to do? I am becoming very ill from stress and am humiliated from my standard of living declining due to the fact that I had a business until age 35 that is owned by my partner now and we do not speak. I was very well off but moved to Philadelphia and was robbed, attacked and the social shock destroyed me from lending money to people to help start businesses and other reasons that I have to say was lied to but had the income at the time to help but now live on less than $900 a month due to identity theft in 2010 and this destroyed me and my credit. What advise can you offer before I see a social security attorney for a legal separation or help because I do not want to get into detail online or phone.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hello. With regard to your post:

Can you tell me, are you able to work at all? PT or FT.

Where do you get your $900/mo from?

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, just so you are aware, I am still awaiting your responses in order that I may provide accurate information to you.