How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been married less than one year. What can we do so

Customer Question

I have been married less than one year. What can we do so that her children get all of her retirement?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Her children cannot get any social security benefits --- for her retirement you would need to talk to her plan administrator and see if there are options for beneficiaries. Many plans offer different payout methods that do allow you to dictate who is getting the benefit if you pass. However, social security does not do this,

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.