LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I have not received this month's SS payment via direct

Customer Question

I have not received this month's SS payment via direct deposit. Is there a delay this month ? My SSN is###-##-#### ***** you. Mark L. Doble
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Mark,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

No, there is no delay this month in social security paying benefits to beneficiaries.

If your birth date is not on the first through the 10th of your birth month, then you would not have been paid yet, because we are only now coming up on the third Wednesday of the month. If your birth date is on the 1st through the 10th of a month, then it is possible that your bank simply has not credited it to your account yet, and of course you will want to check with them and see if bank computers show it as a pending deposit.

If the deposit is not at least pending---to be credited this evening, because you receive your benefit through automatic deposit, there is something else you can do.

As you normally receive your check by direct deposit, you may report a non-receipt of payment immediately by calling 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****) between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. Social Security will check their records and get the situation straightened out for you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug