How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Oct. 15, 2015 A.) I retired in 1999 and started receiving my

Customer Question

Oct. 15, 2015 A.) I retired in 1999 and started receiving my SS Check monthly, but continued working and paying SS Taxes--but I have seen no increase due to this extra SS Contributions I continue to make each month. My SS last # ***** ***** Can you please
check on this? B.) My wife worked and paid SS Taxes years, and then became a Texas teacher, and because of this she only gets a partial SS Benefits, and her full teacher retirement. If I passed away before her, will she get some part of my SS Benefits. I am
getting around $2,100 gross each month.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I am not part of the SSA and this is not the SSA website. This is a Q & A service and I am happy to clarify for you under what circumstances one may see an increase in their SS benefit as they continue to work, and what WEP and GPO means for your wife's benefit. Please let me know if you wish me to do that, if not, let me know.