How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19675
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I owe 12.000 that socialsecurity says i owe im in full

Customer Question

i owe 12.000 that socialsecurity says i owe im in full retirement now with $400 a month being taken from my check of 1560 i can not reason with any one over this what can i do i got denied on a wavier ive also paid back $16,000
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately, if your request for waiver of overpayment has been denied, there is nothing else you can do. Your Congressional Delegation regrettably cannot help you with this one. Social Security Administration can get the overpayment through deduction from your benefits. So, regrettably, the deductions will continue to be made until the overpayment is paid off.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.