How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie O Joy, Esq Your Own Question
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 13521
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Stephanie O Joy, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I plan on having surgery soon. I'am a a gh

Customer Question

I plan on having surgery soon. I'am a a high school in WV. I may be off
several months without pay. I'am married and my husband has been retired for 10 years.My question is is there any short term disability from the state of WV. or Social Security. Thank You
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, Social Security disability is only provided for disabilities that are expected to last at least 12 months, so that likely won't work for you. WV does not provide for state temporary disability benefits for its workers generally, either. However, if you have not spoken to your HR, many state employed people actually have short term (and sometimes long term) disability policies offered to them as part of their compensation (like health insurance).

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

So I'd look there first so hopefully you need not dig into savings or otherwise incur debt just getting by til you can get back to work.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource

Related Social Security Questions