How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Angie Your Own Question
Angie, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 226
Experience:  Bookkeeping, Profit and Loss, Balance SheetsAll types of US Taxes, Tennessee taxes, Personal, business, payroll, sales tax etc.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Angie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to payee mother who doesnot speak english
, she

Customer Question

Customer: I want to payee for my mother who doesnot speak english
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: she has chronic authrities and diabetes, heart condition and depression I ran all her affairs
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Social Security Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: they asked me to get doctor before I can handle her review meeting
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I asked her doctor but she kind of doesn't know what its for and decline to give me the note. My mother requested phone review and social security declined, she was at the office two months ago. My mother said she doesn't want to go the office, they threaten to cut her benefit. I am concern becuse that will cut her medication and she has a serious heart condition, what shall I do.
Expert:  Angie replied 2 years ago.

What you are referring to is becoming a representative payee for your mother so that the money comes to you on her behalf.

As a representative payee, you are responsible for making sure she has adequate food, shelter, clothing, medical care, etc. Once per year,you must account for how you spent your mother's money.

In order to become a representative payee,you must call the social security office and make an appointment to meet with them. Your mother should go with you.... This is copied from the website:

Social Security's Representative Payment Program provides financial management for the Social Security and SSI payments of our beneficiaries who are incapable of managing their Social Security or SSI payments. If you are concerned that someone you know becomes incapable of managing or directing the management of his or her benefits, please call us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****) to request an appointment to discuss your concerns.

Generally, we look for family or friends to serve as representative payees.

When friends or family are not able to serve as payees, Social Security looks for qualified organizations to be representative payees.

If you are a representative payee, you can complete the Representative Payee Accounting Report online. You must be 18 or older to complete the Representative Payee Accounting Report online. If you are under 18 and a representative payee, you must complete the paper Representative Payee Report form you received in the mail and return it to the address indicated on the form.