How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3173
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I believe My SS was calculated wrong Ten years ago How can I

Customer Question

I believe My SS was calculated wrong Ten years ago How can I get the proper calcutaion
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Can you be more specific? Your social security on your w2, tax return or social security check?

Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.

I still don't see you coming back to this chat so I will try to answer your question based on the limited information I have from.

If you believe that social security administration didn't calculate your credits correctly or didn't give you all the credits you were entitled to and because of that your social security benefits are less than you expected, you will need to contact social security administration and ask them to review your records. If some records are missing you may need to provide it to fix it.

If it was your social security income reported on 1040 or your w2, you can correct your tax return by filing amended return, however the statute of limitation for claiming a refund already run out. If you need help with calculating correct amount, I can help you with that.

I still see you still offline. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?