How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie O Joy, Esq Your Own Question
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 13545
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Stephanie O Joy, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My pfd or divident was denied because I went on my vacation

Customer Question

My pfd or divident was denied because I went on my vacation to the my island in south pacific and I back into the states first stop by in Sacramento to spent time with my grandkids there for 2 weeks and I claim tax there but I let the agent know that I
am not in California resident koe afii ia I told them that work babysitter over here on that time hhhhh. But they forget to click on none resident that why they denied so please if there's any way to get my own and. First time appy to the divident
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  GSenmartin replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

I am not sure I understand your question. You were denied a visa? Which visa?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No denied my application to the divident benefit in Alaska I move over Alaska on 2013..
Expert:  GSenmartin replied 1 year ago.

But is this an immigration question or a question about government benefits?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is government benefit not an immigration question
Expert:  GSenmartin replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I will opt out and transfer your question because somehow it ended up in the Immigration forum. Sorry about that.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

What type of government pension are you hoping to get? I know of no benefit called a "divident". So please clarify. Take your time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh only in Alaska have divident
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I apply for my ssi benefit now because I am still sick
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

OK, this is the social security section, and is not a section on Alaska benefits. If you are under full retirement age and illness has caused and prevents you from being able to work even a simply easy full time job, then you may be eligible for Social Security Disability or Supplemental Security Income. You can start the application process by going to and clicking on the benefits tab.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!