How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 4674
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my husband dies before he collects s social security

Customer Question

if my husband dies before he collects his social security benefits am I able to receive his when I turn 62
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 years ago.

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax, and will assist.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where is the answer
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 years ago.

You can collect widow's social security benefits as early as age 60. They are reduced for claiming early, but you can claim.

Expert:  PDtax replied 2 years ago.

If you can claim at full retirement age, your benefit will go up to a full benefit (100% of his).

If this covers things, please rate my assistance with positive feedback. That closes out your question. Follow up is welcomed if needed. I'm PDtax.