How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 4626
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a para-professional (teacher's aide) and work 9 months.

Customer Question

I am a para-professional (teacher's aide) and work 9 months. My income in 2014 was $16,846. I will be turning 62 in February of 2016. Can I start receiving my Social Security and keep on working?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax, and will assist.

You can claim your social security early and keep working. You should be aware of the income threshold you need to stay under to avoid having to pay back some of your social security.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

For 2015, for every $2 you earn above $15,720, you have to pay back $1 to social security. You get that back after you reach full retirement age, but you need to be aware that in your case you might have to pay back $573 if your 2015 income is the same as 2014.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.