How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was remarried about 15 years and I sent all the paper work

Customer Question

I was remarried about 15 years and I sent all the paper work to SS and my old married name is ***** ***** up
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You need to apply for a new social security card with your proper name on it. Fortunately, this is a quick thing to do. However, because it involves a name change you will have to go to your local social security office with your social security number/card and your marriage license from your most recent marriage.

The new card will be mailed to you in about a week and will leave plenty of time for you to arrange to get your Medicare started at 65.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,