LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I was remarried about 15 years and I sent all the paper work

Customer Question

I was remarried about 15 years and I sent all the paper work to SS and my old married name is ***** ***** up
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You need to apply for a new social security card with your proper name on it. Fortunately, this is a quick thing to do. However, because it involves a name change you will have to go to your local social security office with your social security number/card and your marriage license from your most recent marriage.

The new card will be mailed to you in about a week and will leave plenty of time for you to arrange to get your Medicare started at 65.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug