How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19108
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandaughter turned 18 in May 2015.She was in volunteer

Customer Question

my grandaughter turned 18 in May 2015.She was in volunteer foster care receiving $436.00 A mnth went to Human services,plus child support,she turned 18 social security deducted $475.00 from her ssi,claiming she has this coming in income,altho it is arrears that her father owes human services,now they are in dispute county saying this money is arrears,and ssi insisting it should be income for granddaughter,She has 24 hr nursing care,is not able to do anything for herself,she is receiving $278 a mnth from SSI,I took over gaurdianship and they are still sending checks to county.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, but I am having trouble understanding your post.

Could you review it, put proper punctuation marks, clearly identify the parties, ask specific question, and resubmit?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Related Social Security Questions