How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 4674
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Husband is 74 and I am 53. He is collecting SS income. In

Customer Question

My Husband is 74 and I am 53. He is collecting SS income . In a situation where both spouses are close in age and one dies the other collects the social security amount that is highest.
What would happen in my case if my husband should die prior to me being eligible to collect social security?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 years ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax. I'll help.

You would be eligible for a survivor's benefit starting at age 60. The amount increases if you draw such a benefit after age 60.

Expert:  PDtax replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.