LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

My sisters daughter is receiving ss disability and has been

Customer Question

my sisters daughter is receiving ss disability and has been doing so for approximately 6 years.
my sister is elderly and not I good health, my question is when she leaves her daughter her inheritance will it affect her disability income. if so what steps can she take to protect this income for her, she has serious mental disorders.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is your niece receiving social security disability (SSDI), or Supplemental Security Insurance (SSI) which is a form of welfare?

Doug