How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie O Joy, Esq Your Own Question
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 13568
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Stephanie O Joy, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm trying to get a ss card with my name change from 2006! i

Customer Question

I'm trying to get a ss card with my name change from 2006! i had a valid drivers license in the state of has exp on my birthday 8/9/2015 my drivers license has my new ss card has my old name still since 1986! i have collected taxes given info to employers and have used this same number for at least 25+ yrs.....they tell me because the documents aren't updated and license exp they need another form of ID....i am 51 yrs old...i haven't worked in 5 yrs...i don't travel no passport.....i haven't been sick so no medical records that are 2 yrs or am i supposed to get this fixed is there any other documents i need....i have marriage licenses....divorce papers...birth cert....all showing the info needed however being these events happened years ago they have become invalid!! i need to get this can they recognize me when i was empaled...took taxes...paid taxes and now they say i don't exist!! please please help me get this straightened.....i am a law abiding citizen with no records...not even a moving violation!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 2 years ago.

Have you gone to renew your DL? What is the problem with that?