How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie O Joy, Esq Your Own Question
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 13542
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Stephanie O Joy, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2013 my wife & I filed separate returns. Amended this

Customer Question

In 2013 my wife & I filed separate returns. Amended this 2013 return and filed jointly. The amended reduced the medicare charge per month $219.10. How can I get this charge corrected? I have ben paying this over charge amount all year. Contacted SS told to fill out form SSA-44 buy one SS employee and form OMB #0960-0622 by another employee .. How do I get this corrected. They do not apply to what I need to get this charge reduced to the correct amount?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Can you clarify:

1) Are you saying that you pay more than your 104.90/month for Part B Medicare, per person?

2) If so, why is that?

3) How much do you pay?

4) What was your income in 2013?