How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just got a letter that SS says they overpaid me $15,000.

Customer Question

I just got a letter that SS says they overpaid me $15,000. How do I fight this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 2 years ago.

You need to immediately file a form known as Request for Reconsideration. Likewise, whether the government is correct or not, you also need to file a form known as Wavier overpayment. These forms can be obtained at any SSA office and may be filled out in your handwriting. Please be so kind as to rate my answer with three or more stars or smiles so that I am paid for helping you.