How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 66 working at Union Pacific Railroad and plan to

Customer Question

I am 66 working at Union Pacific Railroad and plan to continue working for the next year or so, can I start collecting ss on my ex-husband of 13 yrs. and still be able to work at UP with full benefits until I retire
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Social security will pay you off your ex's record and if you are still actively working for the railroad there will be no adjustment to your benefit. However, once you retire and draw RBB benefits then your social security benefit will be adjusted accordingly.

If you are still working you are not receiving double benefits.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.