How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16580
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ma'am l. Hairston's grandson.. she has Alzheimer's an we

Customer Question

hello sir /ma'am my name is***** am Helen l. Hairston's grandson.. she has Alzheimer's an we hacent been able to locate her card its here in the house we had it 3 weeks ago.. but we need to have her ssn number for medical and bank reasons .. anyways u could assist us .. thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question --- unfortunately cannot assist you with getting a card. However the following will outline the steps:

Keep in mind, that if you mail the form to your local office then you will need to send them your original ID and they will send it back once the form has been processed.

Please let me know if you need anythin gadditional. If not, please rate positive.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't need the card we need the number we know it is here ma'am we haven't set a power of will yet but we do need the ssn or at least the last four .. I wouldn't have paid if I couldn't get the answer :(
Expert:  Megan C replied 2 years ago.

We could not give you a social security number over the internet, or phone --- you would have to look on your card, or perhaps an income tax return. This information is not retrievable online. I am so sorry.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what ever this is bull crap social security service .... so what do I need to do
Expert:  Megan C replied 2 years ago.

We are not social security, we are a private service. You can call social security at 1-***-***-**** or visit your local office. Have a great night.