How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 4479
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is a resident alien - can she retire on social

Customer Question

my wife is a resident alien - can she retire on social security
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax, and can assist.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Resident aliens (RA) can vest and collect social security benefits as citizens do. The RA have to be here legally, and have to work for employers who contributed social security taxes on their behalf. Most frequent are green card holders, who qualify for benefits the same way citizens do, with 40 quarters of work, meet certain age requirements, etc.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking at just answer. Follow-up questions are welcomed. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.

Related Social Security Questions