How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jonathan Tierney Your Own Question
Jonathan Tierney
Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 322
Experience:  Tax Accountant at Praxair, Inc.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Jonathan Tierney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I change my bank to receive my social security check.

Customer Question

How do I change my bank to receive my social security check.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Jonathan Tierney replied 2 years ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** my goal here is to provide you with the most complete and accurate answer possible.

Do you have an online account set up with the Social Security Administration? You can access the site here to set up an account or get the direct deposit form:
I checked the site just now and it is currently offline but if you wait awhile it should be back up and once you have your account you should be able to make changes such as change your direct deposit account.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if I can clarify anything or answer any additional questions. Thanks, Jonathan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already have a bank account set up, but I'm moving and will have to close that account; so I need to set up a new account without having to go to the Social Security office and waiting two to three hours for service that my husband had to endure.
Expert:  Jonathan Tierney replied 2 years ago.

Yes that is the purpose of going to this site to log in and/or download the direct deposit form to change the account where you are having the payments deposited.