Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I will be 62 years old in November, and I am in the process

Customer Question

I will be 62 years old in November, and I am in the process of appealing Social Security disability retirement benefits. I was denied disability benefits as the files from my attending Doctor & Workmen's comp Attorney, indicated after spine surgery 2008, I was able to return to full time work....and I did return to work. Aside from my workmen's comp case, I have several health conditions, and I am still currently receiving treatment from my work injuries. I kept trying to work through all my health issues, but I could not. I was constantly in pain, I could not sleep for more than 3-4 hours, and I needed to reconsider my quality of life. Last October 2014, I had to retire from my job of 30 years, due to my health issues...I am in the process of my 1st appeal - I just received forms from Social Security regarding my ability to function daily...please advise...
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

At this time, you need to retain the services of a Attorney in your local area to assist you with the appeal and completing the function test forms. Social Security disability Attorney will only get paid if your claim is approved. So, it is prudent to get one now to assist you with this appeal process.

If you elect not to have an Attorney, then you need to complete the function test forms very carefully and make sure to send them to the address on the instructions sheet.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys who handle Social Security Disability benefits:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com