Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I am 61 and have been 92% disabled years. I occasionally

Customer Question
I am 61 and have...
I am 61 and have been 92% disabled for 18 years. I occasionally work when I can. How much can I earn per year or month without sacrificing any income.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
9/3/2015
Social Security Expert: Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney replied 2 years ago
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney

Are you collecting Social Security Disability and is that the income you are concerned about losing?

I was told it is social security.

If you are collecting SSDIB, then you have a relatively strict bar of not earning more than SGA (substantial gainful activity) limit. In 2015, that amount is $1090/mo (gross). If you can and do earn that, you will be found no longer disabled for SSDIB purposes. However, even if you work less than that, your work, if it shows you COULD be working full time, can also cause you to be reviewed. So you want to be sure to not do work that arguably conflicts with your asserted impairments/limitations that you claimed prevented you from working before. You want to make sure your medicals and your activities do not refute a finding of disabled, as that term is defined by the SSA.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Stephanie O Joy Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq