How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16580
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am receiving social security benefits from my deceased

Customer Question

I am receiving social security benefits from my deceased husband. Can I receive
benefits from my 11 year marriage to now deceased ex husband?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your question. If you are no longer married, you can choose the higher of the benefit from your deceased husband or deceased ex husband. So, yes, you can receive benefits from your 11 year marriage to your now deceased ex husband.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.