How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When I retired I was married to a retiree of the Railroad.

Customer Question

When I retired I was married to a retiree of the Railroad. Of course, I then had to go
under Railroad Social Security. My question is: Do I get any Social Security payment
other than what is paid to me by RR Social Security?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been retired for a long time. However, I need for some credit information, if I receive social security benefits in addition to railroad social security benefits (or is it called railroad pension rather than social security.)
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Did you ever work outside the home during your lifetime in a position where social security taxes were withdrawn from your wages?
2. If you answered yes to the first question, how many years did you work outside the home paying social security taxes?