How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My x wife is decreed $500.00 a month until she starts

Customer Question

My x wife is decreed $500.00 a month until she starts receiving SS disability. How can I find out if she starts drawing it or is already drawing it. I don't think she will volunteer the information.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 2 years ago.

If you have her SS #, you will need to present it along with a copy of your divorce papers in person to any SSA office who can then research whether your ex is receiving benefits. NOte, this cannot be done by phone or on line.