How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recieved half of my husbands s.s. When I got to 65 he has

Customer Question

I recieved half of my husbands s.s. When I got to 65 he has passed away. Do I get an increase now? I am now 76yrs. Old. Thank you for any info. My E mail is***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question and I'm sorry for your loss. You should get the higher of his benefit or your own benefit. If nothing has changed call 1-***-***-**** or visit your local office. Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not please rate positive.