Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

My husband has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer

Customer Question

My husband has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer called histeocyitic carcinoma. He is getting chemotherapy and will have a stem cell/bone marrow transplant sometime in October. He has not been to work since May and my part time hours are getting less and less at my job due to the care I give to him as well as a few times I left work early for emergencies and panic attacks.....am I eligible for any kind of assistance? Also,I work in a hospital and mentally I am not sure how much longer I can deal with dying cancer patients...
I live in NY. Can I get help?
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any assistance even if not social security? Medicaid? Very hard for me to work
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

How old are you?

Is your husband collecting social security?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 41,no he is not collecting.his job is still paying him...I was looking to resign before I am fired.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like a call. What is cost?
The cost for one on one phone call with me depends on the length and is far more expensive than private email. I suggest you go with private email and if you think phone call will add to that, we can arrange that. I will add that there is no social security benefits for you at this point, since you are not unable to work at any and all occupations due to your own medical impairments. But I am thinking more along the lines of your husband, and we can discuss his situation and when benefits may be able to be fought for there. I will add the additional services option for you.
Just a quick heads up that I am heading to court shortly, but I will check back with you later when I return, to see if you'd like to speak further.