How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 56. in 1999 I was medically retired from work. I have

Customer Question

hi. I am 56. in 1999 I was medically retired from work. I have been in receipt of my two former company pensions ever since. there are no further reviews necessary. I have also been in receipt of esa and dla since 1999. I am now considering remortaging my house and move in with my mom with a view to buy our moms house. I would then rent my own house out. my mom is 86, she is in receipt of attendance allowance, her oap allowance, and my late fathers former company pension. my question is if I was to go ahead with the above, would mine or our moms benefits be affected or reduced in any way, I thank you very much.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. Please note that owing a home with have no affect on your benefits that you receive or what your Mom receives. I wish you well.

Related Social Security Questions