How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16580
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am living in the US 5 years. I am suffering from diabetes

Customer Question

I am living in the US for over 5 years. I am suffering from diabetes which left me partially blind and unable to put pressure on my right foot because of high sugar level. I was unable to work because of my sickness. I am wondering what benefits I am entitle too.
thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you today

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation! I hope you are feeling well.

In order to be eligible for any disability benefit - you would have needed to have some work credits. However, if you are over 62 and are married to someone who is drawing benefits you could get a spousal benefit. Likewise you could be eligible for Medicaid from your state if you are low income --- the best thing you could do is go to your local social security office and department of human services to explore your options.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thanks so much :-)