Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

My husband has bipolar II and is unable to work because he

Customer Question

My husband has bipolar II and is unable to work because he has trouble maintaining sustaining employment. We are waiting for the decision on his ssi disability hearing appeal. If he were to work a three day job for two weekends would that make his ssid void?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 2 years ago.

The job in and of itself won't ruin the odds of your husband getting benefits. However, if someone were to see your husband working and tell social security -- they may say that he is capable of working. However, a small job like this will NOT make his application void.

'If you're confident that there is not an investigator watching, there should not be an issue.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive so that I may receive credit for assisting you today