How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am fifty,my husband passed away a year ago, I have no

Customer Question

I am fifty,my husband passed away a year ago, I have no Income can't find a job .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. If you are disabled, you will be able to draw social security benefits now, if you are not disabled then you must wait 10 years until you are 60 to get anything from social security.

I'm truly sorry. You can check for benefits like HUD and SNAP and talk with your area agency on aging to see if there are any local benefits for you.

It's a hard place to be and I wish I had better news for you

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thanks so much :-)

Related Social Security Questions