How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 4622
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I receive social security because of reaching retirement

Customer Question

I receive social security because of reaching retirement age. I am 66 years old and was drawing ssi until they switched me over when I applied for retirement. I am still 100% disabled and want to know if I can get a hire rate of compensation from social security? My e-mail is***@******.***.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 years ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax, and can assist.

If you were collecting SSDI, disability benefits, that amount is the same as your social security benefit at full retirement age. So, there is no increase when you switch to social security.

Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.