How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ShawnA Your Own Question
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2884
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
ShawnA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sons father is having problems getting cash aide and or

Customer Question

My sons father is having problems getting cash aide and or food stamp assistance. He is a Vietnam refugee circsc1978 however is lost his green card status and. Was put on the deportation list and has to have an eligability card to work here in California. They can't deport him because of his families asylum history or whatever but he I is being required to live in transitional housing to stay sober ad needs assistance they allotted himb3 months of food stamps and cash aide however he had to show his I -109 that he does not have when he went to the I.N.S. they told him the state no longer issues them and in order to maybe obtain one he would need to go back to point of entry, however he has all other documents required and from what I can see qualifies for more than one of the 7-8 requirements the state has listed. If the state does not provide an I.109 anymore how can the state still require it for assistance is it nearly impossible to obtain? What can he do or is this false information he is giving me ? Since I'm only inquiring because I don't think he really wants to do any of the required classes needed to decisive the benefits.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.

Would you like a call to discuss this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Shawn, Yes I would love to call, I understand the question is somewhat confusing and you probably require a lot more info. Please let me know when the best time is for you during the hours of 11A.m. to 3:00 P.m. tomorrow , 8/4/2015, or any other alternate time you may have for me to give you a call. I'm frustrated and feel like the system is not right or I'm being mislead by my sons father. Your guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank you_ H.P.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
what time zone are you in I am in EST?
Please accept the call offer.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.

Pls accept the call and we can then schedule it