Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

My Mother in law XXXXX XXXX, SS# XX XX died on June 8, 2015.

Customer Question

My Mother in law XXXXX XXXX , SS# ***** XX XXX died on June 8, 2015. Her benefits were being sent to Northpointe Assisted Living Center as part of her monthly upkeep. I need to verify that you have been notified and benefits have been stopped. I have a copy of her death certificate if you need it. Please send a response to***@******.*** you are able. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ms. Spencer.

.

You have reached JustAnswer.com, a website that matches users with certified experrt users to answer questions about finance, tax, social security, etc.

.

But we are NOT and don't represent the Social Security administration.

.

However, I can help - by showing how to get this done.

Expert:  Lane replied 2 years ago.

If you need to report a death, contact your local Social Security office or call 1-***-***-**** ( TTY 1-***-***-****). You can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 AM and 7 PM Monday through Friday.

.

Also, you should nothe that, in most cases, the funeral home will report the person's death to Social Security.

.

PLeasae let me know if you hav questions at all...

.

Lane

.

Expert:  Lane replied 2 years ago.

One other thought ... if you give the funeral director her social security number, and ask that he/she (the funderal director) report this to social security, this is another way to ensure that this gets done.

.

This is a normal activity for funderal directors.

.

I hope this has helped.

.

If this HAS helped, your positive rating … (by clicking or touching the stars or smileys on your screen) … would be appreciated … That’s how we’re credited for the work here

.

Thank You,

Lane

Expert:  Lane replied 2 years ago.

.

Just checking to see how everything is going...

.

DId my answer help?

.

Let me know ...

.

Lane

.