How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Colorado and hold Canadian and U.S.(naturalized 2000).

Customer Question

I live in Colorado and hold Canadian and U.S.(naturalized 2000). I have lost my card . Hoe and where do I go to replace it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Are you saying that you have lost your social security card?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
If you are extremely concerned about your risk of identity theft, then you might consider taking a one year subscription to one of the credit watchdog companies that will immediately notify you if someone else uses your identity to try to take a loan or get credit from somewhere. The cost is about $100 per year for the watchdog service.
Here is a link from which you can get the application to order your replacement card:
Alternatively, you may go into your local social security office and fill out the same form. Either way, you will get your new card on average 7 to 10 days after you submit the application for the replacement card.
I hope you found my answer informative.
I wish you the best in 2012.