How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need financial help and housing unwed expectant

Customer Question

Need financial help and housing for homeless unwed expectant mother. She is 25 and family cannot take her in. She has medical insurance on herself through her father's insurance. How can she get the new baby insured? Should not be working right now as has medical issues. Baby due 9/15. Staying with Grandma at a Senior building but rules won't allow her to stay much longer.
I'm very concerned about my great niece. We live in WI to far away to help as she needs her doctors in Evanston due to rick pregnancy. Baby is doing fine but she has some heath issues. We pray they will both be fine.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I get my password?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your great niece's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
When the baby is born, she will need to apply to the state for Medicaid coverage for the baby, if she is not ten employed with health coverage. And when she is out on her own with the child, she can apply for child support so that the father pays for the baby's needs as well. If necessary she can qualify for section 8 housing and possibly SNAP benefits as well.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that and I will process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.
After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number in the box entitled "Enter private contact info"? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.
Please remember to rate my service to you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,