How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie O Joy, Esq Your Own Question
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 13521
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Stephanie O Joy, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a person, who is 76, has cancer, worked over 30 years,

Customer Question

Can a person, who is 76, has cancer, worked over 30 years, have a little savings and paid of condo
be illegible for SSI, Medicare,Medical and in home supportive services?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
If the person paid in sufficiently in SS and Medicare taxes, he will be eligible for Social Security Retirement and Medicare. He will only be eligible for local/state welfare services if he has low enough income and countable resources, as those provisions are needs based, not earned. Each program has its own criteria, so you will want to apply at the source - which is typically you county medical assistance office. There may be food stamps, medical services, etc.